Karpathos, Greece Information
or order brochure
Windy, windier, the windiest!
Far away from mass tourism, Karpathos still offers deserted beaches, idyllic mountain villages and cosy tavernas. What makes the island so attractive is the unspoiled terrain and the natives. Moreover Karpathos is famous for its wind guarantee. Come during the summer months and you will find everything your windsurfers heart wishes for. The long, narrow island stretches between Rhodes and Crete and the Meltemi blows with full force from the north through the high mountains. In July and August the number of high-wind days is incredible. Due to the local conditions, Karpathos is already teased by steady winds in May and between September and October, offering ideal conditions for beginners and intermediates. Also the experts amongst you get a really good run for their money!
Our insider tips:
- In an introductory climbing course, experience how it feels to hang on a rock
- Surf & Climb Packages (more infos HERE)
- A hike through the unspoilt, rocky landscape on the highest mountain of the island, Kali Limni
- A stroll through the maze of small alleys of the picturesque village of Mescochori
- Bathing at secluded, solitary beaches on windless days
- Dinner in a typical, authentic kafenion in Menetes
- Delicious Greek starters in the "Orea Karpathos" harbour taverna
- Enjoy the sunset on the West Coast in "Under the Tree"
Latest weather data
Karpathos, Greece : sunny
air temp : 27 c
water : 23 c
wind : 6 bft / 23 Knots
Latest news Karpathos, Greece
Good news for our climbing fans and those who would like to become one; this year we will again offer the Surf & Climb Concept. Also on offer are the climbing courses without windsurfing..
More Info ..>
With Club Mistral in Karpathos you get the chance to experience two fascinating sports - climbing and windsurfing..
More Info ..>
Latest travel offer
LAST STUDIO FOR HIGH-SEASON
From 735 €uro
Spot Info Chart
|moderate -> excellent|
|Value for money|